At Lincoln Ristorante, we offer Chef Shea Gallante s interpretation of Italian cuisine in New York at Lincoln Center. Our philosophy is simple: to source the best local ingredients and prepare them with authentic Italian methods and spirit. We rely on local farmers and purveyors along with weekly visits to our neighborhood Tucker Square Greenmarket, while importing irreplaceable items from Italy. We honor the Italian culinary tradition of making our own fresh pastas, grissini, and focaccia. Desserts, by Richard Capizzi, are beautiful renditions of Italy s classics: light, lush and irresistible. A focus and commitment to freshness and respect for every ingredient is paramount in our daily life.
- Hands on cooking.
- Training, supervising, and motivating the team.
- Participating in the selection, hiring, and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers, and other back of the house positions.
- Effective and efficient kitchen operations in absence of superior chefs (days off, vacation, etc.).
- Inspecting cleanliness and organization of kitchen, prep kitchen, dishwashing area, and pastry kitchen to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Assisting in weekly inventory of total kitchen small wares and kitchen equipment.
- Ordering and inspecting all food to insure compliance with federal and state standards, as well as internal quality standards. Must be able to fully manage the food safety program of the organization.
- Maintaining labor and food cost at all times.
- Minimum 4 years of culinary experience or 2 years as a Sous Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume.
- Managerial experience with the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Has experience working with and an understanding of P&L s and budgeting techniques.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers; able to give direction as necessary.
- Clean work habits with a great attention to detail.
- Is proficient in taking inventory, food costing and scheduling.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
More detail about Lincoln Ristorante part of Delaware North, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, chief chef, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, culinary school, executive, executive chef, pastry, sushi chef, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...